Registered Nurse - 2022
The Sudbury District Nurse Practitioner Clinics (SDNPC) are seeking a Registered Nurse. The SDNPC is one of 25 NPLCs in Ontario that is fully funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health to provide primary care in communities across the province. The SDNPC is committed to patient-centered care that is based on a self-management model that promotes a partnership between the patient and their care provider.
Reporting to the Executive Director, under indirect supervision, and working as part of an interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides high quality professional nursing care to assigned patients, consistent with the vision of the Sudbury District Nurse Practitioner Clinics and the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
As the Registered Nurse, you can expect to:
- Perform nursing assessments, nursing treatments, health education/counseling and other clinical activities according to CNO standards of practice for RNs.
- Be responsible for overseeing and administration of immunization programs offered at SDNPC, in conjunction with other staff.
- Be responsible for ensuring that SDNPC maintains the highest level of infection control practice in all areas.
- Participate in prevention & chronic disease management through education, monitoring and instruction of self-management techniques.
- Develop individual & group education programs targeting various topics such as chronic disease prevention and management.
- Integrate appropriate community resources in education processes.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of policies, protocols, and procedures to improve client care and/or promote co-operative and efficient staff functioning.
- Contribute to the development of program plans and develops, plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates assigned projects in consultation with other team members.
- Write or assists with grant proposals.
- Supervise nursing students and participates in the education of other students.
- Ensure that MOH statistics have been recorded.
- Contribute where necessary to evaluation processes and analysis of data.
- Record all visits appropriately in Electronic Medical Records in accordance with SDNPC policies and CNO standards.
- Maintains and monitors appropriate stock of all vaccines
- Performs immunizations of clients, as assigned
- Organizes and runs immunization programs such as Flu clinics
- Oversees infection control and ensures clinic is following appropriate infection control practices
- Oversees proper autoclave procedure
- Other clinical duties as assigned including B/P monitoring, Vit B12 injections, allergy desensitization
- Well baby visits, as assigned
- Programs such as Smoking Cessation Support, Spirometry
- Maintaining anaphylaxis cart and supplies; checking of oxygen tank and supplies monthly
- Home visits as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with current registration from CNO
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent tasks and to work independently
- Valid Ontario driver's license
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel throughout Sudbury & District
This is a full-time position.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to:
Hiring Committee - RN
c/o Jennifer Clement, PHC-NP, Executive Director
Sudbury District Nurse Practitioner Clinics
30 Ste Anne Road
Sudbury, ON P3C 5E1
Phone: 705-671-1661 Fax (705) 671-0177
Deadline: Please apply before end of day Friday July 15th.