Am I Still doing this right?
Caring for ourselves in unprecedented times
Louise Jones, MSW, RSW & Sarah Gatien, MSc., RD
Join Us on Zoom
January 12 @ 1:00pm - zoom.us/j/97048400320
January 28 @ Noon - zoom.us/j/98422415985
“Am I doing this right?” We have asked ourselves this question many times in the past few months. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we work and live in unprecedented ways. This is also true for our patients. Some people are thriving through the pandemic, some are struggling, and many of us fall somewhere in between.
Louise provides counselling in her role as a social worker, and Sarah offers individual support in her role as a dietitian. Both of us have been connecting with patients by phone. We are hearing anxiety, fear, confusion, and most often, the need for reassurance and connection.
We offered “Am I doing this right?” over the course of three weeks in April and May 2020. It was a short, practical presentation outlining resources we are leaning on in our work as well as a few ways to think about and make sense of what is happening. We are offering that list of resources in this blog post.
In our talk, we reminded people that not everything that we share will be relevant to you. That’s okay! We encourage you to take what you need and leave the rest.
Finally, the answer to “Am I doing this right?” is up to you. If you are feeling well and doing the best you can, then yes, you are doing this right! If you are struggling, please contact the clinic for services or explore one of the many resources linked below.
Staying safe… or if you need to talk
- NISA (Peer Support):
- Weekdays from 8:30 am to 4 pm
- (705) 222-6472
- Daily from 6 pm to midnight
- Crisis Intervention (Health Sciences North)
- 24 hours/day
- (705) 675-4760
Mental Wellness Online
Mental Wellness Apps
- Always There (Kids Help Phone)
- HealthyMinds (for students)
- Mood Mission (youth ages 12+)
- Jamie Oliver Recipes
- Workshop (Food skills and more!)
Play & Fun in the Contactless World
- Nickel City Trivia on Facebook and Instagram, Zoom-based family friendly trivia game nights
- Sudbury Indie Cinema is offering virtual screenings of Oscar nominated films
- Sew Local Stitch Lounge is offering mystery sewing boxes with contactless delivery and online sewing lessons
- YMCA (YThrive), Two Souls Yoga, ARC Climbing and Yoga, and Zen Fitness are offering online classes, costs vary
- Greater Sudbury Public Libraries via Hoopla (app), and www.gspl.ca